Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What did you buy off TV this year?

Pillow Pets: This was the big winner. Grandma ordered the Lamb and the Frog. The Lamb was sold out so they sent the cat for free. They also sent the Lamb after the holiday which was a nice bonus.

Bendaroo's: I bought these for my 3 year old. Not so impressed. Especially having them all over my floor. They don't stick together very well either. Might be fun for older kids with more patience. They are selling 2 for $19.95. Bummer, I paid full price. I don't like to pay full price.


The Snuggie VS. The Slanket: Sleeves on a blanket? A novel idea. How come it took so long? I'm sure you all have heard the jokes and shared some laughs over these products. I would imagine both the inventor of the Slanket and the makers of the Snuggie are laughing all the way to the bank. Gary Clegg claims to have invented the Slanket in his dorm room in 1998. There wasn't enough propreitary information to even get a design patent. In 2006 the Snuggie hit TV and sales skyrocketed. Luckily, interest in the Snuggie also increased demand for the Slanket. In most cases a little competition can be a good thing. I know for a fact the IWCrew bought some Snuggies for Kids. I have neither the Slanket nor the Snuggie, but something similar my stepdaughter bought me for Christmas from Dillards. Either way, I still love it.

A consumer needs to see something at least 3-5 times before they have interest in buying something. This is why it is so important to have retail inventory to follow up infomercials. along with the As Seen on TV stuff. I actually bought the Bendaroo's at BB&B. The only thing we actually purchased from the TV ad was the Pillow Pets. What have you bought off tv? Were you happy with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment